Saturday, April 23, 2011

Tomb Raider




What really happened on Easter Sunday? Who raided the tomb?

Ask a dozen different people and you'll get a dozen different answers.

Quite recently I heard an account of a conspiracy at the resurrection. Really? Sounded pretty ridiculous to me. But then I thought about if for a while. If for a conspiracy you take the dictionary definition literally, then let's see what you get...

Con-spire : verb
1. To agree together to do something, especially secretly...
2. To act or work together toward the same goal...
3. To plan or to plot..

So who are the Tomb Raiders? Obviously Lara Croft isn't one of them. Who then? Well, in my opinion, there were three persons involved. I would like to call it a 3-man operation, but since over 2/3 of the conspirators are divine not human, I prefer to call them persons. The Trinity.


Person #1. God. The Omniscient. The All Seeing Eye/ Eye in the Sky. Although I believe all three members of the Godhead are equally involved in the resurrection, God most likely, was the mastermind behind it. An elaborate operation such as this one probably took quite some planning. Perhaps even an eternity. God oversaw the whole event from an unseen, secret (except to persons #2 & #3 and some angels) aerial location. Heaven. God raised Jesus from the dead (Romans 10 vs 9, Acts 13 vs 30).

Person #2. Holy Spirit. Stealthlike. Unseen. Invisible. Probably the member of the Godhead who supernaturally moved the stone itself in front of approximately 18 Roman soldiers before they even realised what was happening. The Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead (Romans 8 vs 11, 1 Peter 3 vs 18)

Person #3. Jesus. An inside job? Yes, I think so. He was confirmed and pronouced dead by Roman officials and laid to rest.  Well, dead men can't talk. But then, miraculously and triumphantly,  three days later, He appeared walking and talking to many witnesses.  He broke out of the tomb and left the useless grave clothes folded behind Him. Nice touch! Jesus raised himself from the dead (John 2 vs 19-22, John 10 vs 17-18)


So was there a conspiracy? Did God + God + God raid the tomb? It's definately a possibility. I will have to do some more research. But I do know this for sure, that Jesus was raised from the dead and for that I'm eternally grateful. Quite simply for me it means that when I die, I've still got a whole lot of good living left to do. Hallelujah - He is Risen!

1 comment:

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

I just stopped by to congratulate you on your Limerick of the Week Honorable Mention. Well done! Limerick of the Week(6).

Post a Comment