Thursday, December 1, 2011

12 Days of Thankfulness. Day 1




What?

I saw this on a blog this week and
it really made me think.
It also made me quite sad, because I realized
I wouldn't wake up with very much at all.


See, I didn't thank God for
anything yesterday.

Or the day before...

or the day before that.


 
And yet I've so much to be thankful for.

So, now that this season has rolled around again, I'm going to
spend the next 12 days being thankful. Not asking for anything
but just be thankful for what I already have.


Day 1: My home.





This is my house.

It's beautiful.

But if you're looking for pictures a wonderfully decorated
home, find another blog or read
Better Homes and Gardens
My home just doesn't look like that.


But it's not about the house really is it?

Is it?

 
That's not what makes it a home.



It's about what you put into it

A little sweetness. A lot of love.

Love is what makes a house a home.

(And no this is not my gingerbread house. My gingerbread
house, much like my real house is less than perfect.)


Yes my home is less than perfect.

But it's mine and for that...I'm thankful.


 
What's Playing in my Home?


In the kitchen:
Spicy Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

On the Music Player:
"I'll be Home for Christmas" Amy Grant

In my Heart:
Psalm 127v1
"Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labour in vain"



I will leave you with a prayer for your home



A Lutheran Prayer
Lord God, our home is among the most precious gifts we receive in this life.
We realize this all the more as we remember our Lord Jesus.
 He set aside home and family.
 Having no place to lay His head throughout His ministry, he chose to sojourn among those
He came to save.
We prayerfully invite Him to dwell in our earthly abode even as He continually invites us by Word and Sacrament to dwell forever in our heavenly home, which He prepares for us.
Make us ever grateful for this shelter from life’s storms.
Keep this house always the home of comfort, joy, peace, and forgiveness.
According to Your will, protect this home from the spiritual assaults of Satan, but likewise make our
home a fortress against the calamities of nature and the wickedness of sinful man.
Grant us the virtue of hospitality, the joy of harmonious living, and the blessing of gathering around Your Word and bringing our families’ prayers before You.
May all who dwell in our home be blessed by Your presence and Your peace,
and may all who go forth give thanks for the grace they receive from You,
through us Your dear children
We receive Your loving kindness in our home as a reminder of the eternal home we inherit through Your Son, Jesus Christ, in whose name we pray.
Amen.


And remember...












1 comment:

supersistershaz said...

you have a lovely home...you have a lovely heart and you are a lovely baby sister to me... supersistershaz xx

Post a Comment