Friday, December 9, 2011

12 Days of Thankfulness. Day 9


Day 9: Snow.



It snowed again last night.


And I'm thankful.


Waking up to fresh snow has to be one of my favourite things in the winter. Everything is so pure and clean.


I have to admit, I still like to rush ahead of the children, so I can be the one to make the first footprints in the virgin snow. And sometimes if  I'm up early enough, I get the walkway all to myself.



The walkway next to my home.


 Snow is perhaps the one thing that makes the winters in Ontario bearable. I mean think about it, who would want to wake up to the frigid -25 temperatures without something lovely to look at?
Winter is pretty dull and miserable without it.


 Under a layer of snow everything is beautiful. All of the imperfections and flaws of life are temporarily hidden underneath.



Sometimes the snow reminds me of the love and forgiveness of God. Pure and cleansing.
Covering over every mistake I've ever made and giving me 
the chance to begin again.
A  brand new start.




I'm thankful that God has given me a new page of life to write upon. A clean
slate. A fresh start. A second chance. A do over. This
is good news to wake up to every single day.
Not just on snow days.






What's Playing:


In the Kitchen:
Chilli ('cause it's cold outside)


On the Music Player:
Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow: Ann Murray.


In my Heart:
Lamentations 3:22-24
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end,
They are new every morning"



And remember...











No comments:

Post a Comment