Sunday, December 11, 2011

12 Days of Thankfulness. Day 12

Day 12:???



I've been crying a little bit today. Off and on for the last 24hrs or so. In fact my keyboard
 got quite wet while I was trying to type. Hope it doesn't short circuit.


But these are happy tears. Tears of joy and gratitude. Because I'm thankful.


 Today I am excited to be picking up my Christmas Gift. I can hardly wait.


What is it?
 
 
Well, it's not a new gift. In fact, it's actually the oldest and one of the most valuable gifts I own
I received it on the day of my birth, May 27th 1966. And I treasure it now more than ever. I have enjoyed this gift every day of my life. Never grown tired of it. And I would say, I appreciate it more with each passing year (although as a teenager, I'm sure I may have taken it for granted) Like a good wine, this gift grows better and better with age. I cannot imagine my life without it.


So what is it???



The gift is... my parents,  They are coming to spend Christmas with me this year.
We haven't spent Christmas together in 24 years.



TWENTY FOUR!!!


I can hardly contain my joy. I feel like a kid at Christmas. I am their kid at Chistmas.
If there are no presents under the tree, I don't really mind.
Nothing can compare to this.


I love my parents. I'm thankful that they are mine.





I would love to spend more time blogging, but I'm sure their flight
 is going to begin its final approach soon. I really must go.


I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a blessed and very Merry Christmas.
Hold your loved ones tight in your arms and even tighter in your heart.
They are a gift.




Be thankful.


What's Playing:

In the Kitchen:
Cream of Leek and Potato Soup.

In the Music Player:
Thankful: Josh Groban
A Christmas to Remember: Amy Grant

In my Heart:
Proverbs 23 vs 22
"Listen to your father who gave you life, and do not despise your mother when she is old"




And remember...




3 comments:

supersistershaz said...

E..... that is truly beautiful my selfish side is missing them but my heart knows they are happy to be with you and E's, love you lots supersistershaz...see thats new name for joining this blog xx

Maggie Patti Barbara Frankford-Walton said...

smiles, what a creative post.
you rock.

happygirl said...

Merry Christmas to you. I hope your family visit was wonderful.

Post a Comment